Thursday, September 6, 2012


Hello, and welcome to my blog.

I feel a need to share my journey.  It has been a long one. Often times it was a lonely and fearful one. Other times, it has been rewarding and fulfilling.  Now, I have decided to begin this blog to share my stories. I ask that you be patient with me as I pull thoughts and issues from my past experiences, while still focusing on what is on the horizon for lupus.

I was nine years old when my journey began. The inflammation forged throughout my body. There were fevers, nose bleeds, oral ulcers, rashes and unexplained pain.  It would be a long and confusing journey, going from Doctor to Doctor in search of a diagnoses and treatment.  There were peaks and valleys and many frustrating challenges.

Finally, when I was 27, a concrete diagnoses came my way.  Systemic Lupus Eryestemignois.  What the heck is that?  My husband and I looked at each other and wondered how to pronounce it, let alone spell it.  Still, what a relief it was to me that this thing that consumed my life had a name. I no longer felt like a hypochondriac. I had a name that validated my daily struggles. Praise God!

Thinking back, I was fearful that each day could be my last. Little did I know what God had in store for me.
 I went down this lupus journey with him always leading or carrying me.  I have much to share with all those who embark on a lupus journey.  Other lupus patients have been my strength. It is because of them, each day I forge ahead to make a difference in the world of lupus.

1 comment:

  1. God will continue to use and bless you as you bless others with your knowledge, energy and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete